Please complete the form below
Opportunity to showcase at REMA 2022
African musicians with original compositions and based on the continent can now apply to perform at REMA 2022 in Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, between 13 and 15 October.
Application deadline August 15, 2022
- The applicant can be a solo musician, a band, a DJ, or any other type of artist based on the continent.
- The applicant can be a talented musician looking to take their career to the next level on a worldwide stage.
- All music genres are encouraged
The applicant should:
- Have a repertoire of at least 40 minutes in length.
- Be ready for international exposure and stage
- Be at least 18 years old
The applicant should submit the following:
- Biography (max 500 words)
- Links to live performances (max 3)
- HD photos (max 3)
Successful applicants will receive the following from REMA:
- An opportunity to perform in front of a diverse audience of programmers, festival directors, bookers, record labels, and other local and worldwide music business professionals.
- A modest honorarium
- Local transportation
- Musicians based outside of Ouagadougou will be provided with lodging and a daily stipend.
- Reimbursement of visa fees upon receipt of receipts.
- Reimbursement of costs related to COVID-19 tests, if required for travel upon presentation of receipts
- A basic backline, as well as sound and lighting equipment
- Full access to all event activities, including panels, workshops, keynotes and the speed meeting sequence
- Exposure on REMA platforms such as the printed programme, press releases, website, and social networks
- A selection committee will assess all submissions, and successful applicants will be notified by 16 September. Unsuccessful applicants will not be notified.
Interested applicants should note the following:
- Performances supporting political parties or religious denominations will not be allowed.
- Applications can be submitted by the artists themselves or by the artists'/bands' representatives (managers, publishers, labels, agents, etc.)
- International artists will be required to fund their own return flight ticket
- Only applications submitted via the dedicated online form and ontime will be considered.
- Only one manager can be a member of the group and benefit from REMA's assistance to the other members.
Interested applicants should complete the form below by 15 August 2022.
Music genre (s)
Biography (max 500 words)
Links for live performances (max 3)
HD photos (max 3)
Upload or select files here (max 15MB)
For enquiries, send an email to email@example.com